So my first semester as a cognitive science grad student at UKZN is done and dusted.
Here are the high points :
* my seminar on Dennett's book Freedom Evolves with Prof. David Spurrett.
* Writing a nice long - somewhat critical - paper on Experimental Philosophy.
* Writing a research proposal on Tetris and Mental Rotation.
* Having said proposal accepted - research can now commence.
So what's next? Well, in the second semester I'll be
* Carrying out the experiments described in my proposal
* Writing at least first drafts of my lit review and methodology sections of my dissertation.
* Doing some research on behavioural economics
* Generally hanging around the department a bit more (I might have an office next semester - cool)
I'm still not sure if I'll get much time to blog next semester (I still work full time, you know) but I'll try post about the stuff I'm working on.